for the GS1 Logger for Staff application on Windows Phone platform
1. Your privacy is important to GS1 HUNGARY. In the course of your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application, GS1 HUNGARY shall comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations. GS1 HUNGARY takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures, as reasonably available given the current state of technology — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single natural person.
2. You accept and agree that GS1 HUNGARY shall be entitled to collect, use and disclose your personal as well as other information in accordance with the following data protection provisions, for legitimate purposes. The place of storage and management of data shall be Hungary.
4. In the course of your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application, your location data may be collected and transmitted as follows. If you press “Validation” or “Send” or “Report” when using the application, you will file a record pertaining to the given verification of the use of GS1 identifiers performed by you to the records database hosted and operated by GS1 HUNGARY. The record will include your location data at the time of record filing. By acceptance of the EULA, you acknowledge to be notified of the collection of your location data in this manner and provide your consent thereto. GS1 HUNGARY shall not collect your location data otherwise; the app shall not collect location data when not in use (no continual location tracking). Your location data collected in the above foreseen manner may be combined with your personal data on the record database in a manner accessible to GS1 HUNGARY and other GS1 organizations. Such combined data may only be used for supervision and monitoring of your activities relating to verification of the use of GS1 identifiers. However GS1 HUNGARY hereby informs you that in the course of your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application you may prohibit the collection of information concerning your precise location data by choosing the appropriate menu. In this case by pressing “Report”, “Validation” or Send” when using the application the Licensed Application will not send information concerning your precise location to the report database.
5. Any other data you are requested to provide on the registration interface held by GS1 HUNGARY may only be used for verification that the reports database is used only by legitimate users, and may be used in connection with lawful uses of location or personal data, in combination therewith. Permanent device-based identifiers shall not be collected.
6. GS1 HUNGARY may use your (Licensee’s) personal or other data for lawful purposes only, and only to provide services or functions directly relevant to the use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application (Licensed Application). Personal data may be used, in particular:
- to obtain consent of a GS1 Member Organization – or other registering body or entity – for registration of the Licensee;
- for the transmission of important notices from GS1 HUNGARY to the Licensee;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research in order to develop and improve the Licensed Application.
7. Your personal data may be disclosed to third persons as follows. Your personal data may be disclosed to the GS1 Member Organization – or other registering body or entity – you claim to be associated with in the course of the registration process for GS1 HUNGARY to acquire consent of that GS1 Member Organization– or other registering body or entity – for your registration. In the course of your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application, your personal data may be disclosed to the GS1 Member Organization – or other registering body or entity – you are associated with, to allow for supervision and monitoring of your activities. It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for GS1 HUNGARY to disclose your personal information. GS1 HUNGARY may also disclose information about you if GS1 HUNGARY determines that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce its terms and conditions or protect its operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale GS1 HUNGARY may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
8. In case you submit personal information through your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application or the reports database at your own initiative, notably by selecting a unique personal identifier as user name, your personal data may be accessible to all legitimate users of the reports database. Please take care to guard your own personal information.
9. Your personal data, including location data, shall be retained by GS1 HUNGARY for a maximum of six months following the end of the termination of your use of the application, starting from the end of the notice period in any eventual termination notice, unless a longer retention period for any given personal information is mandatorily required by law, or retention of the given personal information is required for continued use for a legitimate purpose hereunder (such as enforcement of a claim against the given Licensee). Your personal data – unless a longer retention period applies – shall be deleted by GS1 HUNGARY within the retention period, or shall thenceforward only be retained in an aggregated form no longer allowing for unique identification or contacting any single natural person.
10. GS1 HUNGARY may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any lawful purpose. The collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your device data shall, however, fall under the same provisions as your personal data.
11. Your consent may be withdrawn. Your consent to the collection, use and retention of your data granted by acceptance hereof may be withdrawn at any time. Please notify GS1 HUNGARY of the withdrawal of your consent through the following contacts:
name: GS1 MAGYARORSZÁG Nonprofit Zrt.
address: H- 1139 Budapest, Fáy utca 1/B., HUNGARY
tel. no.: +36-1-4123940
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Upon withdrawal of your consent, GS1 HUNGARY shall immediately cease collection, use, transfer and retention of your personal data, including location data, and may only retain such data in an aggregated form no longer allowing for unique identification or contacting any single natural person. The present provision shall not be applicable if and to the extent that retention and disclosure of your data is mandatorily required for under the applicable law; the present provision shall also not be applicable if and to the extent that withdrawal of your consent would amount to abuse of rights, such as with the effect of preventing GS1 HUNGARY from enforcing legitimate claims against you on the basis of infringement of the licensee-licensor legal relationship. Upon withdrawal of your consent, you shall no longer be able to use the GS1 Logger Staff application.
13. For the purposes of providing the GS1 Logger for Staff application, GS1 HUNGARY is using Bing Maps API in case you run the Licensed Application on a device running Windows Phone operating system. In the course of your use of the GS1 Logger for Staff application, data pertaining to your use, including your location, may be collected, used and disclosed by Microsoft Corporation in accordance with their own terms and conditions, for lawful purposes. By acceptance hereof, you acknowledge to be notified of the collection of your data in this manner and provide your consent thereto. Please consult the following document:
15. GS1 HUNGARY informs you that your user’s name and password given in the course of using the Application are managed by GS1 HUNGARY; the purpose and the safety of these data shall be governed by the rules on data management specified in this section; GS1 HUNGARY may not disclose the chosen password, and the user’s name chosen by Licensee may be made accessible to any and all legitimate users of the reports database.